Thursday, February 25, 2010

Kenner page updated

I just uploaded some new photos and descriptions to the Kenner page on the website, including Blythe, Darci and Dusty.  In reading over it again, I see that I have described Blythe as having a hard plastic head. But from some closeup photos I have, it looks like her hair is rooted into her head. Now, it's been awhile since I've actually seen a Blythe doll in person. But if her hair is in fact rooted, she's probably a rigid vinyl rather than hard plastic. As far as I know, the only hard plastic doll with rooted hair is the very rare HP version of the Monica doll.  Anybody out there have a Blythe and want to comment?

3 comments:

  1. daughter has many blythe dolls head is vinyl and wigs come off

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I went back and looked at photos again. The hair on the doll in the photo is definitely rooted. Perhaps the commenter's daughter has the reissued Blythe, not the vintage originals.

    ReplyDelete